REACH-SA COVID-19 Statement
In the light of recent restrictions imposed by the National State of Disaster, REACH-South Africa has issued the following directives to all her churches.
- Special events are postponed till further notice. (Easter Conventions, Seminars, Conferences etc.) We are urging all our local churches to lean toward an abundance of caution and postpone all public meetings and gatherings.
- Sunday Services are (at the very least) to be restricted to below the required 100 mark and all members encouraged to meet together at home or in small groups during Sunday service times. Those who are in high risk categories (overseas travel; seniors; children) are advised to refrain from church attendance over this time. Churches with large congregations have suspended or limited their public gatherings and moved to live-streaming.
- George Whitefield College has moved classes to online streaming. Please contact GWC for further information.
- BUT the church is NOT closed in this time of crisis and we invite you to contact us or talk to your local church pastor if you are concerned or in need of help and guidance over this time. The Word of God gives us assurance and hope in this time of uncertainty and anxiety and we will always hold out this hope to the world, even if we are restricted from physical contact.
- Our motive in restricting contact is not out of fear for our lives, but out of loving concern for yours. Therefore, we would like to be in contact with you online and provide pastoral and prayer support as much as we possibly can. Please will you get in touch with us if you need any assistance or guidance over this time of crisis. firstname.lastname@example.org